Nonnie's Page

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Update

I talked to Debi's mom again yesterday and she said she talked to Debi again. They are still in Montgomery. Amber's husband, Chris, couldn't get out on a phone line in Slidell, so he drove out of town to make the call to check in with them. Well, they wouldn't let him back in Slidell. He had to go meet Amber and Debi in Montgomery. He told them he had not had a chance to check on their place, so Deb still has no idea of the damage on their home. He also said officials told him it would probably be September 6th before they would let anyone back in. I read on a New Orleans news site last that they would let people back in New Orleans on the 6th with a valid ID, but only to gather up some belongings then they had to leave again for at least a month!!! I plan on trying to call Debi at her motel today. I'll write more when I get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home